Monday, October 5, 2009

Starting Your Day By Choice

I can think of few things worse than waking up in the morning to crying kids! There is something about being ripped from your sleep to the shrill sounds of discontent coming from the other room. You immediately go into "Mommy" mode. You are barely able to wipe the sleep from your eyes before you are knee deep in diapers. By contrast, you hear the sound of an alarm, you look over and actually CHOOSE to wake up. That's right, you choose to get out of bed and start your day. There is something empowering about it. At this point, I am working out, reading my scriptures, and praying before my kids (and husband) get out of bed. At first, just getting up 15 minutes earlier to take a shower can do wonders! You give your mind a chance to wake up and you feel in control instead of victimized. It will change your whole perspective!!

This . . .


VS. This!

1 comment:

  1. You may not even see this comment because this is a older blog. However I'm 100% in agreement with this concept. I love the feeling of being up, exercised, inlightened, and ready to battle the kids into clothing:) So why doesn't it happen everyday? That's my question. If I know it's better than why do I fight it most days?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers