Monday, October 5, 2009

Music

My Dad has taught me that music sets the tone in your home! All of my childhood memories are rooted in this idea. If you lived at my house growing up, this is what you could expect:

Fourth of July - Patriotic band music blasting throughout all rooms of the house at 6:00 a.m. to get us excited to go to the parade.
Christmas - All different kinds of Christmas music from spiritual to sacrilege!
Birthday - The Beetles "They say it's your Birthday" wake up call
A weekday Morning - "The Hills are alive with the Sound of Music" compliments of my Dad sung over the intercom!
Sunday Morning - Hymns or Classical Music
Playing cards or games as a Family - Soul music
Road Trips - You name it . . . this is when we were helplessly subjected to all kinds of music whether we liked it or not!
Around the Campfire - Silly songs that Dad picked up along the way. None of the words were sung correctly but we always had so much fun.
Bedtime - Much like campfires without the smoke:)
Dinner - Depending on what we were having for dinner, we listened to Italian, Latin, Indian, you name it! Eating pasta is much more fun while listening to "When the Moon hits your eye like a big Pizza Pie it's Amore . . . "

The list could go on.

My Father doesn't think that he passed on his love of music to us kids! He recently gave me a playlist of "Light Classical" music that I have been playing in the morning for the kids. It is AMAZING the difference that this makes! The tone of our home instantly improves. I love my Dad for sharing with us his gift of music. (He is a composer and musician by trade)

Play music! It adds color to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers