Friday, September 11, 2009

Inevitability

in⋅ev⋅i⋅ta⋅ble:

–adjective
1. unable to be avoided, evaded, or escaped; certain; necessary: an inevitable conclusion.
2. sure to occur, happen, or come; unalterable

"You look like I used to when I needed to study for a big test," James said to me this afternoon. Ha! I remembered it well, the slap happy, fidgety, distract-able, demeanor that he would take on in moments like that. He would do ANYTHING but study; eat, start random conversations, complete odd jobs around the house (even if they were not pressing at all), anything to keep him from hitting the books. He hit the nail right on the head. That is EXACTLY how I am feeling today. ANYTHING but cleaning up this mess . . .really. Do you ever get like that? I have such a mental block about it right now. I just simply do not want to do it. How many times have I stepped over that pillow? looked at those dollies? Stared at that laundry basket? Avoided those shoes? and shamefully, walked past that diaper! Yuck! I don't want to be a housekeeper today. Unfortunately, there is a true principle looming over me and that is the law of inevitability. I will inevitably have to get up off of this chair, inevitably have to unload my dishwasher, inevitably have to put away my laundry, and inevitably have to get on with my chores and responsibilities! Oh reality - how I hate thee!! Your cruelty is immeasurable! Denial is so sweet.

4 comments:

  1. I did the same thing last night! My carpet is sick and needs to be vacuumed, my dished are piled on the counter because the clean ones in the dish washer are not put away, all my clipped coupons are ALL over the table, carpet, and counter, and you know what I did? I had two bowls of lucky charms and watched a show with Justin. HA! Now I've woken up to a disaster that has put me behind about 2 hours on Saturday morning, sniff-sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be in the air! I have been feeling like that for about a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKay, ultimate "poop inevitability". I had just got home form a long day of running errands and realized I needed to water the garden. But, little Jackson's diaper was overflowing with the wetness so I though "I will just take it off and let him air dry for a minute while I water"..........oh dear. I turned away for let me see..10 seconds and I hear older brother shout "He pooped!" I turned around and in all of those ten seconds, little Jackson had pooped on the cement(not so bad) sat in it(yuck) and smeared it on brother's arm and tummy(double whammy!) How in that small time frame could all this have happened?! I laughed so hard as I sprayed the boys down with the cold hose in the gutter(they were crying though). Oh my, how life throws us curve balls, if only someone had video taped it all. Ha ha ha! Hope it made you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! That is when you know you are a Mom. Dealing with Poop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers