Saturday, October 10, 2009

Becoming Mom

I have decided to change the whole focus and idea of this blog. Originally, the idea was that I would start this blog with all of my "Mom" friends and we could all contribute ideas and experiences. Since that concept has not evolved, I have changed course. I told James the other day that I had decided to keep writing this blog for the sake of my own children. Someday, I would like to give them a book of this blog's contents. I would love to know of the processes that my own Mother went through as she "became Mom." I always picture her as she is now, with all of her wonderful characteristics and habits in tact. Someday I would like my children to look at me that way. However, I would like for them to read about the times when I fell short! I want them to know how difficult it was for me to develop the habits and character traits that I hope to possess in the distant future. I hope that they can learn from my mistakes and hopefully from some of the things I do right as well: a guide book to Motherhood if you will. So, if you continue to read, this is about to get a little more personal. I am comfortable with that.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole,

    I haven't seen this blog for awhile because of the unfortunate accident that left your links at the bottom of the page on your other blog. I will now bookmark it because I LOVE THIS BLOG!! I could just cut and paste everything you say and place it on a blog of my own. Especially the inevitable entry! Also, the getting up to an alarm entry struck a nerve. I have been fighting getting up to an alarm like the plague - but why? What could be worse than getting up the way I do now? And staying in bed those "extra" 15-30 minutes doesn't make me feel rested anyway... so if I am tired anyway, I might as well get some of my power back, right? I may convert to that idea soon - I will let you know! Thank you for the artwork too! I love that picture of the tortured/tired mom over the crib -- I soooo feel that way sometimes! It gives me a good laugh,good solutions, and hope to know I can try my best and yet am not alone when things go to pieces! Thanks again!!

    love, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I enjoy reading. I didn't know that we were able to contribute our own "Mom" ideas and experiences, except just in comments I guess? I'll keep reading though......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got your blog and its really inspiring. I was thinking last night similar thoughts. How did my mom become the mom she is?
    I love the quotes you have on the side also. I added you to my reader so know i will be up to date whenever you make a post

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers