Monday, April 19, 2010

Priceless Habits


I recently FELL OFF THE WAGON!!! I STOPPED working out altogether! I was sick of the pressure and wanted to get to a place where I could work out because it was a healthy lifestyle choice and not for the sole purpose of losing the ten lbs that I need to lose.
I am happy to say that I am getting there. I started a 21 day challenge about 10 days ago that I read about on "Asking Jane." She says that it takes 21 days to really feel the effects of something in your life and 21 days to really form a habit.
I started off really well with two days in a row of getting up early to work out! I was really excited!! Then, life happened. Swimming in a sea of duties and getting buried by wave after tidal wave of endless, sleepless nights, I managed to drag myself out of bed three glorious mornings out of the five that I had set out for. I say glorious because they became my saving grace to set the tone for my attitude and energy for the relentless hours of WORK that I was having to do day in and day out! I learned again that for me, getting up and having time to myself did SO MUCH MORE for me than getting an extra hour of sleep!
I was tempted to start over with my 21 days but soon realized that doing so would result in sure failure. There are always going to be weeks like last week. The very fact that I pulled myself out of bed THREE times during that week has given me the confidence that during a normal week I can do five easy! So, here I am, day 10 and I have only missed two days - not too bad!
I am feeling the difference in my life, motivation is making its way back into my psyche and most importantly, I feel more in control. Now, I don't have to wait until the evening to get time to myself, I have it in the morning and at night! Try it! You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers