Monday, April 19, 2010

Embracing the jeans that "fit"


(No this is not my rear end)


I have had an epiphany that I really need to "embrace" the stage that I am in and quit "resisting" it.

This stage requires constant selflessness!

These are the days of making meals, forts, and play dates; wiping noses, counters and floors; changing diapers, attitudes, and sheets; fixing lunches, boo boos and broken hearts. These are the days of digging deeper, working harder, and sleeping less. These are the days of blisters and dry skin, wrinkles, house pants, and cellulite!

I remember once when I went shopping with a friend. We were trying on jeans and right there in the middle of the dressing room, she got down on the floor Indian style. When I asked her what in the world she was doing she said that she wanted to, "make sure that she could play with her kids comfortably in the jeans." What?!



I can't tell you what an example she was to me that day of where my heart should be. It wasn't about whether or not her backside looked good in the jeans or whether or not they were fashionable (although those things are important too:). It was important to her to be able to get down and play with her children.



So, here's to play dough and paper dolls, mac and cheese and McDonald's, finger paints and frilly socks, goldfish crackers and Goldilocks, crayola and captain crunch, baseball and blowing bubbles, Disney and dollies, PBS and peanut butter and jelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers