Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One habit that will save your life!

Fly Lady says that you should wash, fold, and put away all of the laundry in your house every day! Now before you have a complete panic attack, hear me out. As I am typing this I probably have two loads of laundry to fold, one in the washer, one in the dryer, and three or four loads (if you count the comforter that needs washed) left to put in. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
That my friends, is the result of NOT taking flylady's advise. It takes a lot of hard work upfront to begin doing laundry this way. It requires that you get all the way caught up and then you can start the maintenance process.
In order for me to stay on top of it I have to do two loads of laundry a day (clean, folded and put away). This way, I only do two small loads a day and it takes me way less time and energy! It is much easier to fold two small loads of laundry than it is to do my eight loads that I have to look forward to today!
One laundry day a week is impossible! A wise woman once gave me a helpful tip. She said to fold your laundry immediately when it comes out of the dryer and then put it away if time permits. That way you do not get in the habit of letting it sit in piles and it doesn't have time to get wrinkled.
Remember, if it is only one of two small loads, it will only take you five minutes! So much easier! Now, I'm off to play catch-up! I hope I can get back to this more efficient process soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers