Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hey Ladies!

I'm so excited about this blog! Every time I have ever posted anything about Motherhood on my own personal blog I have had an overwhelming response. The truth is, we can all use all the help we can get! Throughout my own personal journey of becoming a Mother (and by becoming a Mother I don't mean simply giving birth to a child), I have stumbled upon some really helpful resources. I want to share them with you! I want this to be a place where we can all discuss parenting issues, home organization strategies, emotional health and wellness, physical health, and the like. There is so much involved in being a woman! We are complicated creatures! Ready . . . set . . . go!



The first thing I want to share with you is a poem. It goes a little something like this . . .


I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half of the things you do you might as well turn over to me and I
will do them - quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed - you must be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few
lessons, I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of great people,
and alas, of all failures as well.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine though
I work with the precision of a machine
plus the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit or run me for ruin -
it makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me, and
I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I?
I am Habit.
(Anonymous)


Wouldn't you love to have something done automatically and without thought? I would. Lets create some good habits!



According to the experts who study human behavior, it takes only twenty-one days of doing something consistently to form a habit. In other words, it can be just three weeks to a better me! Poor habits can be exchanged for good ones or a new one can be cultivated in three short weeks. Good habits are liberating.
It’s worth it to create good habits in your home management. The returns will be good habits for the entire family, allocating much of the daily doings to the automatic pilot of habit, thus freeing you up to build relationships and enjoy creative pursuits.


©2009 Daryl V. Hoole


Start small!

Tomorrow morning when you wake up, make your bed immediately.




Then, open all of your blinds and let the morning sunshine in! (No! Not sunshine when I'm all groggy! (My point exactly!))



Next, start a load of laundry (or restart the one that you left in there yesterday).





Then unload your dishwasher (or load it and run it from last nights dinner) while your kiddos eat breakfast and watch cartoons.










Ahhh, doesn't that feel better! By now you should be feeling energized and optimistic!

7 comments:

  1. This is great! Wish I had this when I was a youngen? Life is full of moments...make them enjoyable.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this site!!
    thanks for all the great ideas!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Niki! This was fun to read and such good practical advice. I better go make my bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Nicole! Thanks for sharing and helping us all step it up a notch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Nik! Thanks for the inspiration! I like the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled to find another mother with the same routine. If I didn't habe routines my life would fall apart! My favorite part of my morning routine (besides morning cuddle time with the tots) is opening the blinds and letting the sunshine in! There is nothing healthier for your aura then sunshine! Makes for a happy smiling mom. Thanks for this blog, I know I am going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers