Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Guilty

I'll admit, I am a bit of a self help junkie. I get a lot out of these types of books. I don't read them cover to cover, I skim topics and find the ones that apply to me. While at Walgreens the other day I picked up "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" 100 of the Best Inspirations from the Best Selling Series. I am really enjoying it:)

I came across this . . .


"We take simple preferences and turn them into conditions for our own happiness." ~Richard Carlson
Guilty as charged!!! I do this all of the time! I realized how profound this really is. I have preferences and I have a lot of them: I want to be thinner, I want my house to be clean all the time, I want to do fun things with my children, I want to have more free time, and on and on. How terrible that I have turned these things into actual conditions upon which my happiness is contingent! I will be happy when . . .

I'm going to stop it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers