Sunday, March 7, 2010

Arm Chair Parenting

My husband coined the phrase "arm chair parenting" today and I thought it was too good not to share. This is the kind of parenting you do with the least amount of effort from the comfort of your "arm chair." I was lying in bed today trying to take a nap and the kids would come in every few minutes with needs or complaints. I made them leave and shut my door and then I resorted to yelling things from the other room like, "say your sorry." "give him back his game." etc. I then complained about the fact that I was having to "deal with the kids" instead of take a nap like I wanted to. That is when he said, "all you were doing is arm chair parenting." We had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers