Monday, September 27, 2010

Mom! It's time to get up!

  Our theme for the school year was simply, "Be on Time."  This theme was general for every aspect of our lives and it is something that I really struggle with.  In order to be on time you have to be prepared as well.  Anyway, the girls have been ON TIME EVERY DAY THIS YEAR!  Let me repeat:  the girls have been ON TIME  EVERY DAY THIS YEAR!  (To school that is).  What's my secret?  I put them in charge!  If it were up to me I can assure you that they would have been late probably once a week at the least.  What did we do?  We bought the little ladies their own alarm clock and they turn it on every night.  THEY even lay out their clothes the night before.  Every morning I wake up to the two of them dressed from head to toe, standing at my bedside.  "It's time to wake up Mom," they say.  I groan and turn over to my side.  It is so hard to get up. By the time I am out of bed they are packing up their backpacks and in the kitchen for breakfast.  I cannot believe that I didn't think of this before!  This is amazing!!  Thanks to Audrey and Rachel, we have yet to miss the bus and you know what?  I am feeling quite accomplished (even thought I don't deserve any of the credit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers