Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mental Health Days

My Husband was amazing today and gave me a "Mental Health Day." He took the kids to a Birthday party and then went grocery shopping and then took them swimming and to the park. This meant that I was home today from noon until 7:30 p.m. It was so nice to have a little peace and quiet around here. I baked some pumpkin squares with cream cheese frosting, did a little laundry, layed around, and basically just tried to get my bearings again. I don't know whether it is just that it is August in Texas or what but I have been going nutty! I just can't seem to get ahead. After a day to myself I am feeling much better! Thank you honey!
Model Husband +



Yummy Dessert =

Happy Wife!

2 comments:

  1. It is so awesome when you fall in love with your husband all over again (and again) after such small (or huge) efforts are made. I'm so happy James gave you a day to recover. He is trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I get a day to do what I want to do. It is amazing how a little bit of quiet time and me time can re-energize how I think and feel about life in general. I have also come to realize that if I just ask my hubby to pitch in and help he usually will. My constant battle is that I just expect it! Not going to happen unless I ask! I am finally learning that! Men just don't always pick up on these things!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers