Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cici on Steroids

        Cici has roid rage. 

It has been a rough couple of days. 


    

 I have been in a bit of a quandary.  You see, I sit down and look at my life and ask myself, "what do I need to do differently to make my life run more smoothly?"  I come up with all kinds of answers and all kinds of ideas about how to "fix" my life.  I get all excited about the changes I am going to make and feel like "this time" I am finally going to do it.  I am going to "get it all together."  Then BAM, Claire gets bronchitis with a side of an asthma flair up,  soar throat soup, and an ear infection for dessert.  (or something like that).

What follows is ugly, I'm afraid to admit.  I get all kinds of m.a.d.  I just start to feel as though the cards are stacked against me.  There is always some flaw in my plan that I didn't see, some variable that I did not account for.   Then I feel defeated. 

This is usually when I throw out the plan.  I live my life day by day and do whatever it is that I do.  This is a very reactive approach to life.  It often leads me right back to where I started.

You can see the conundrum.  

My focus word for this year is "intentional."  It is the opposite of reactive. 

 I am still trying to figure out how to have a plan while not getting to bent out of shape when I can't stick to the plan.   I'll let you know how it goes . . .

. . .  in the meantime, my two year old is on steroids - wish me luck! 

 


Click the date below to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers