Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Survival Mode

I do not like "survival mode."  This is the mode that I get into when I am barely keeping my head above water and I am doing only the essential things.  This is when I do not plan ahead, I get behind, I forget things, and I have to dig through piles of clean laundry to find socks for my kids.  This is when I don't exercise, I eat things that I shouldn't and I feel tired all of the time.

I plan to break out of survival mode in the near future. Here are some of the things I plan to do . . .

-Get up early to work out.
     This always makes me feel like I am in control.  I have a burst of energy after I work out and this gives me the push I need to start my day off right.

-Plan my Menu.
     When I don't know what we are going to eat for dinner I always feel like I am in survival mode.  I whip something together at the last minute and feel unorganized.  Planning my menu gives me a check point each day so that I know what I need to prepare and I can stay on track. 

-Update my google calendar and schedule some of my important tasks.
     I am not naturally organized!  With google calendar I can send myself text message reminders a day or two and an hour or two before something I need to do. This is saving my life!

-Have a nice dinner and Decorate with my new place mats.
     I have been in a rut.  I recently bought some new place mats so that I could set the table nicely and we can sit down to a nice meal.  I think this will make me feel like "Suzy Homemaker" and I will hopefully gain some momentum. 

What do you do to get out of survival mode???



Click the date below to comment.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree that all the points you brought up make a huge difference. I LOVE LOVE google calendar. It keeps me and my husband on track as far as our busy schedules so we always know what we are doing.
    And I am a firm believer in little things that can add color and elegance to a dinner time meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with ya. :) I am sure in a couple or handful of years we will get more organized, energized, and on top of it. Thanks for the great posts!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment

"The Homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support this ultimate career."
C.S. Lewis

"The ultimate result of all ambition is to be happy at home." Samuel Johnson

Fellow Bloggers